The aims of Sports Premium funding is to show improvement in the following areas;
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
At St James CE Primary School, we wholeheartedly work towards these aims. We believe that all children should be fully engaged with and enjoy physical activity. We have worked hard towards developing PE and this has been shown through our steady progression in the Sainsbury's Kite Mark awards over the past few years, having achieved a bronze award in our first year, then progressing to silver and now working towards Gold.